Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dumb, Dishonest, or Some Combination of Both?

Well I just saw this little nugget of leftist propaganda on twitter. An unnamed tweeter posted the following: "Doctors Say Congress Must Include Public Option In Health Care Reform". Followed by a link.

I know, I know, she posts this and in her bio she mentions "working to make the world a better place" and that she is "favoring health care reform". So why did I open the link (as you would rightly ask), knowing full well what I would find? Well, truth be told, because I've been forced to develop a taste for liberal propaganda. This affliction is almost certainly related in some way to the Stockholm Syndrome. Not that I am in any way LOYAL to our leftist oppressors. But I do enjoy the comic relief that they provide. I guess you could say that I've made a strategic choice to suffer these fools as gladly as possible.

So, not surprisingly, the link is to a Huffington Post Article (who'd a thunk it). And if the tweet and identity of the tweeter was not enough, this should definitely have provided a large clue as to the deception afoot here. But, if you're one of those notoriously "open minded" undecideds you would undoubtedly need to research further.

So I begin to read, and not more than 2 sentences in I find this: "More than 80% of the America's largest doctors' union-- the Union of American Physicians & Dentists-- consider some form of public insurance to be essential. Well there are not one, but two tells here. The presence of the word union and the absence of correct grammar. Is there a doctors' union called America's largest doctors' union? In that case there is a missing conjunction here. But, I know, everybody makes grammatical mistakes (and perhaps the grammar employed is fine) and not all unions are like the SEIU.

So I read a little further and lo and behold guess who the Union of American Physicians & Dentists (UAPD) is affiliated with, according to the author of this fine article? No, not the SEIU. But a couple of terrific stand-ins indeed. The American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME) and the AFL-CIO.

And guess where this noble group of doctors chose to hold their Triennial Convention at which they released the results of this telling internal survey? You guessed it. That hotbed of moderate political thought..............................San Francisco.

Now I could do some independent research in an attempt to find out more about the UAPD and how representative they really are of American doctors. But do I really need to do that? I think that I have gone well beyond the call of analytical duty to have gotten this far.

An obviously crazed "knuckle-dragging neanderthal" commenter put it quite nicely: "The Union of American Physicians and Dentists? I'm in practice for 20 yrs and I've never heard of them."

Doc, something tells me you're not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment